History
Broadmoor Baptist Church
HomeStaffNew VisionHistoryPhotosPrayer RequestsservicesLinks

Service Times

Sunday School: 9:30 am
Sunday Worship: 10:45 am
Wednesday Prayer meeting: 6:30 pm

Upcoming Events


Winter Jam March 10th

Contact Information

1302 N. New Orleans St
Brinkley AR, 72021
Phone: (870) 734-1420

Scripture Of the Day

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

History

        Broadmoor Baptist Church began as a mission by a group of people from the First Baptist Church. Those first people to be part of our 34 years as a congregation and later autonomous church were L.B. Hughes, Mavis Schaefer. Mack and Lillian Mason, and Jubal Etheridge.

        The ministry of a mission church began on July 2, 1967 in a house at 703 North New Orleans Street. . They moved into a bigger house and the attendance was an average of 26 in 1968. Bro. Jack Clack, then pastor of First Baptist would preach during the church’s Sunday School hour and return for morning worship there. . In April of 1969, First Baptist voted to purchase this land we have today and with the help of the State Missions Department, ground was broken for the new building. In September of 1970, Bro. Guy Whitney was called as the first pastor of the mission. We voted to change the name from the First Baptist Mission to Broadmoor Mission in January of 1972. In 1974, we purchased our first parsonage, a six room house on Mimosa Drive.

        On September 10, 1978 Broadmoor Baptist became a separate co-operating Southern Baptist Church.